Join the reinsurance market and work with the most dynamic and talented people! Our professional team in Athens, Greece is looking for an Accountant to join the Finance & Accounts Department.
Fenchurch Faris Ltd. is a registered Lloyd’s Broker with 40 years under its belt providing insurance and reinsurance risk management services across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. The company was launched as a joint venture between Basim R. Faris, who is a Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute in the U.K., and Fenchurch PLC, an English insurance brokerage. It consists of 11 regional offices in 8 cities across the region and our clients include insurance companies, corporate entities, SME’s and individuals.
- Participate in the recording of reinsurance payables and receivables in the general ledger
- Assist in the reconciliation of all reinsurance activity
- Assist in the preparation of the invoices, monitoring of incoming and outgoing payments, and timely cash flow
- Collaborate closely with other departments to ensure accuracy and consistency between financial statements and the company’s actual financial transactions
- Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Act as an agent of integrity for all financial statements
Your Competencies & Skills:
- University degree in Accounting/Business Administration or any other economic background
- Fluency in English is essential, other languages are a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Working experience 1-2 years in an insurance or reinsurance company is an advantage
- Good analytical skills, attention to detail, and a problem-solving attitude
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and ownership
What We Offer:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Group medical plan
- A dynamic and friendly team of diverse professionals
- Opportunity to work for a key player in the highly attractive reinsurance industry with offices based in the south suburbs of Athens
Fenchurch Faris Ltd. is proud to be an equal opportunities workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected classification. We are committed to secure that our applicants and employees are respected and treated fairly and with dignity.